- Tin Can
- 8.5 x 11 brown scrapbook paper or construction paper
- Scraps of red and yellow (or orange) scrapbook or construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Craft feathers
- Glue (Elmer’s school glue worked best for us), and/or tape
- Cut your brown paper in a strip to the height of the tin can and as long as you want. Wrap that paper around your can and affix with tape or glue.
- Next, use the bottom or top of your can to trace a circle on your brown paper. This will be your turkey’s head.
- Cut our your circle and glue it to the top of your tin can. You could also add your googly eyes at this time.
- Now, cut a beak out of your yellow paper, and the turkey’s wiggly chin thing out of your red paper. Glue those on.
- Finally, glue some feathers around the top back of your tin can, and to the sides (for its wings). Now you’re all set.
You could use your tin can turkey as a simple decoration or add some functionality by turning him (or her) into a utensil holder for your thanksgiving feast. Gobble gobble!
Thanks for reading,