Sunday is going to be a BIG day in my house.
My husband is the world’s biggest Denver Broncos fan, so this will be a Super Bowl unlike any I’ve experienced with him.
He is obviously going to be focusing on the game, while I, on the other hand, will be focusing on the commercials, halftime show and snacks. In all likelihood, I will be having a Super Bowl party for one in another room as he watches his beloved team.
Because of that, I’m not making things hard on myself by preparing lots of food that won’t be eaten. Instead, I’m going to pick up several pre-made appetizers and snacks, and let my oven and microwave do the heavy lifting.
If you’re thinking of doing the same, or are ever in need of some good, quick appetizers, I suggest you check these out.
1. Trader Joe’s Spanakopita – these pastries filled with spinach, ricotta and feta cheese are so delicious that it is literally impossible to only eat one. I am so thankful that our friends served them with dinner one evening because I probably wouldn’t have picked them out on my own. But I love them. I really do.
2. Home Run Inn Frozen Pizza – Home Run Inn is a Chicago pizzeria, but they also sell their pizza frozen. I hope you have them in your local grocery store because I think they’re the best frozen pizza on the market. Trust me on this – I am a frozen pizza expert. (No, I am not ashamed of this fact.)
3. Frontera’s Chipotle Salsa (and tortilla chips, of course) – Frontera is another Chicago favorite, brought to us by the famous Rick Bayless. This salsa is AMAZING and is described on the website as featuring “the sweet, smoky sizzle of chipotle chiles, zesty tomatillos and mellow roasted garlic.” I would drink this if I wasn’t in fear of dying shortly thereafter.
4. Trader Joe’s Mac and Cheese Bites – another delicious option brought to you by my good friend, the Trader. These are creamy and crunchy and just plain perfect. I can’t wait to eat them.
5. Whole Foods Vegetable Potstickers – oh yum is all I can say about these. These are the only item on the list I haven’t tried yet, but they come highly recommended by a friend.