Most people drink their lemonade, but why not eat it, too? I’m all for that, since lemonade (or “lemalade,” as my kids call it), is one of my faves in the drink department. (Especially when it’s spiked. Don’t judge.) With that bit of background info, you shouldn’t be surprised that I think these pink lemonade cookies are a delicious treat that make for an awesome summer dessert! I made these on the Fourth of July and my family gobbled them up. Seriously. Even Captain Adorable here gave them his stamp of approval. And he’s usually more of an Oreo guy.
They’re super simple to make because they use a lemon cake mix, instead of dry ingredients from your pantry. And they taste tart and tangy, just like a glass of lemonade. The pink glaze icing adds some extra lemon flavor and color. They’re just all around GOOD!
So please, do yourself a favor and put these ingredients on your shopping list, and then whip these up for yourself or your friends. (Scratch that – just make them for yourself. Unless I am one of the friends you intend to share with.)
- Pink Lemonade Cookies
- Lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pink Lemonade Icing Drizzle
- 1.25 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- Instructions for Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the lemon cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice until well-blended and no lumps remain.
- Drop tablespoon size amounts of dough onto ungreased, non-stick cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom and edges.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Instructions for Icing Drizzle
- Thoroughly mix powdered sugar, milk, lemon juice and food coloring.
- Pour into an icing bag. Alternatively, pour into a Ziploc bag and cut the corner off.
- Drizzle icing over cookies.
I hope you enjoy all the lemony goodness these cookies have to offer!