At every summer barbecue or family get together, for as far back as I can remember, my mom has made a DELICIOUS pasta salad that’s filled to the brim with fresh veggies and zesty flavor. I look forward to it every time I know she’s making it!
During a recent heatwave, I needed a filling and tasty dinner for my family that could be served cold. I despise eating hot and heavy foods when it’s above 90 degrees outside! So I grabbed my mom’s famous pasta salad recipe and gave it a little twist that makes it a perfect meal instead of a side – cheese tortellini!
The best thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require you to turn on your oven at all. Such a win in the summer! The cherry tomatoes, broccoli and peas give you a good dose of vegetable goodness, too!
Then, the cooked cheese tortellini adds some creamy flavor, and a little extra heft when served as a meal.
But probably the most important ingredient of all is the Wish-Bone Robusto Italian Dressing! It adds so much flavor and a little zing that’s like a party in your mouth. Oooooh yeah.
Add a little more cheese, stir it all together, and ENJOY!
Honestly, I don’t think I could ever get sick of this salad. It is that good.
- Refrigerated cheese tortellini (approximately 9 oz.)
- Container of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1.5 cups of cooked broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup of frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup of Wish-Bone Robusto Italian Dressing
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Combine quartered tomatoes, broccoli florets, and peas in a large bowl. Add cold tortellini to the bowl.
- Add Wish-Bone dressing and cheeses to bowl.
- Gently stir and chill in refrigerator until serving.
And let me just say that if you don’t like this cheesy tortellini pasta salad, take it up with my mom.