I’m popping in for a quick post about these amazingly yummy strawberry banana yogurt muffins my kids and I made last week. They’re stuffed with strawberries and bananas, and include yogurt, which makes them extra moist and delicious. You’ve got to try them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. vanilla yogurt (I used a small container of Activia vanilla yogurt)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Add in the strawberries and stir. Set bowl aside.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl.
- Add in the eggs, butter, yogurt and vanilla extract. Whisk these ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients into this bowl and mix everything together.
- Distribute batter evenly amongst the greased muffin cups.
- Bake until muffin tops are golden brown, approximately 20-25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
The strawberries make these muffins a nice change from your “typical” muffin – a little sweetness and tartness at the same time. Give them a try; I promise you won’t be disappointed!