Picky Eaters. My kids are the WORST. It’s like alarms and sirens go off anytime anything that’s remotely good for them is placed within a 5 inch radius. Do you feel my pain?
If so, you NEED these muffins in your life. They’re full of good veggies and fiber, and the best part is that they don’t even taste like it. Your kids will not turn up their noses at these toddler muffins. I can pretty much guarantee it! (They may also like these yummy Strawberry Banana Yogurt Muffins, too!)My kids happily devour them any chance they’re given.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 (4.5 oz) jar of baby squash
- 2 grated carrots (I used the pre-cut matchstick carrots)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of oat bran (I used Kellogg’s All-Bran Buds)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and grease 12 standard muffin cups.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, carrots and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Stir to combine ingredients, and then distribute evenly amongst the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Eat within two days or freeze.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 231mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 3g