Oh, chalky paint. One of my greatest loves. My heart skips a beat when I get a new container of it or start a new chalky paint project. For real.
If you haven’t hopped on the chalk paint bandwagon yet, I’m thinking it could be because you think it’s really only used for furniture. And let’s be honest – painting a piece of furniture can be a little scary. But the good news is that because it is the most fabulous type of paint on earth, chalky paint can be used on virtually any surface. That means there are tons of chalk paint project ideas out there for those who do not want to paint furniture! And I searched high and low to gather up some of the best and most creative chalk paint project ideas that aren’t furniture to help inspire you to try the stuff out (or to use up your leftover paint)!
I just know you’re going to love these creative uses of chalk paint. To get the full tutorials for any of these projects, just click the link or photo to be taken to the original blog post!
1. Pillows – White House Black Shutters
2. Glass Vases – Pet Scribbles for Pink When
3. Wreaths – Average But Inspired
4. Fancy Frames – Confessions of a Serial Do It Yourselfer
5. Candlesticks – Dwelling in Happiness
6. Pencils – Blooming Homestead
7. Plates – Canary Street Crafts
8. Lamps – Uncommon Designs
9. Baskets – Meet the B’s
10. Garden Pots – Our Southern Home
11. DIY Art – Table and Hearth
If you’ve got a plain piece of scrap wood lying around, turn it into a special work of art for your home with some chalky paint. Emily from Table and Hearth made a special anniversary gift for her husband!
12. Serving Trays – Mad in Crafts
13. Jewelry or Keepsake Boxes – The Bold Abode
14. Mirrors – Sincerely Sara’d
15. Mason Jars – Making it in the mountains
What could be easier than chalk painting some mason jars and using them as decorative objects around the house? Kristi from Making it in the mountains gave hers a special touch with some gold finishing wax. The options for mason jars are endless!
16. Shutters or Doors – Brepurposed
17. Magnet Board – Average But Inspired
So are you ready to put your paint brushes to work? I hope these chalk paint project ideas inspired you to get painting!
You May Also Be Interested In This Post